Re: Tach connection for 61 Sprite.

To: millerb@netusa1.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach connection for 61 Sprite.
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:03:42 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/28/99 8:55:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
millerb@netusa1.net writes:

<< it connects to the back of the generator??  That has got to be
 the strangest thing I have ever heard.  Leave it to the British!  Hope the
 belt doesn't slip or the tach won't work!!  Anyway, I can't see where
 anything could attach to the back of the generator.  Perhaps I have the
 wrong generator on this car (I just bought it)  It numbers are LUCAS 22744B
 C40.  Is this the correct one?  Does anyone know. >>

Well Bill I don't know about the numbers but I have a '62 Sprite and the tach
cable connects to the back of the generator. As far as I know everything is
original on my car. So I am assuming this is the factory setup.

James