Re: Morris vs British Leyland

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: Morris vs British Leyland
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:37:33 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/12/99 10:38:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< > Not wanting to start a feud or nuthin'but what are the groups opinions
on the A
 > series engine as compared to the 1500 that BL started using

 Not wanting to arm the war but why would anybody buy an MG with a
 Triumph engine?
 Would you buy a Chevy if it had a Ford engine?
 Would you buy a Rolls Royce with a VW engine....Never mind now that VW
 owns RR.
  --
 Frank Clarici >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not wanting to escalate the war (but I better get in early) but I hope you
realize the 1500 Midget was the first series of Midgets that was able to
break 100 MPH as a new production car.  The A series cars could get close...

Please don't start saying that "My 1275 goes 150 MPH."  That's not what I
said.  When your car came out of the factory, it was butterknife tuned and
underpowered.  The 1500 just had a bit more HP to overcome the butterknife
tune.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (1500)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (1.8L, breaks 100 MPH regularly)