Re: TV

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: TV
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:37:36 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, sefisher@cisco.com (Scott Fisher), racer45@bellsouth.net (Mark Snowdon)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/13/99 6:50:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<< I always had a simple rule about time together in the Shop.... I never
 corrected them or yelled at them there.... Sure we negotiated how you do
 this or that and teaching went on... but No Negative feelings.... it is the
 only neutral place in our lives that we could talk and hang out together
 without Dad being DAD....
 Kinda  nice ... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It certainly is.  My three sons (that would be a great name for a TV show)
are all different, but all like cars.  Oldest started out with a '79 Cadillac
that sat for 5 years before he got it.  Apart from two plug wires being
crossed, it started right up.  He replaced a lot of parts, and then sold it
for a '75 Ford Van with the same problems.  Now he drives a Mitsubishi
Eclipse and does well in Solo II.

Next son started with a Dodge Aires, and had to work to get that to pass
inspection.  He moved up (?) to a '79 Dodge Power Wagon.  He loves pickups,
but I know he didn't get that from me.

Youngest is now starting to drive.  He says that I have always had
"interesting" cars.  He's helping with the Midget restore.

Spending time with the kids and with cars can give them a great sense of
pride, and a lot of self confidence.  Plus, if they get good, they can do a
lot of your work!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport