Re: oil

To: trunkie@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 15:51:55 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've been using Mobil One full synthetic for years.  I think it is 5/50 but
they my have changed it in recent years.  The main advantage it has is that
it doesn't break down at really high temperatures so the bearings never lose
oil film.  The disadvantage is that it is so runny that it can run right off
the parts at the top of the engine if left long enough and that causes
problems.  One engine I heard of that suffered this problem was the Porsche
911.  My reply to that is if I ever get a 911 I will use STP and Mobil 1 and
blow the expense.

As far as I know or found out the Spridget is ok with Mobil One or any other
full or semi synthetic.

Penrite strike me as a company with a gimmick rather than a useful product -
I wouldn't use their stuff if they paid me - anyone with a contrary view
please support it with technical facts!

Daniel1312