Re: Steering wheels

To: Ronsoave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Steering wheels
From: Richard Shipman <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:38:32 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I bought a Grant Wheel from Pep Boy's (I brought my '74 Midget Wheel in with
me to compare center hub sizes). I think it was around $89.00. I found a
nice 13" wheel with a center hub large enough to accept the standard MG
Midget wheel hub.

I took the Grant center hub ring off and drilled-out the Grant wheel to
accept the MG center hub. The center hole in the steering wheel had to be
filed out to accept the hub as well.

Now I have a custom steering wheel that maintains the standard MG hub and
horn actautor assembly. Looks really great!

Richard Shipman
'74 Midget
'68 MGBGT
'58 Morris Minor 1000