Re: Sealing frame members

To: suhs2@hotmail.com, CONAN@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Sealing frame members
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 21:56:45 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/28/99 7:54:45 PM EST, suhs2@hotmail.com writes:

<< but will it effectively seal my seams when I pour it in? >>

I dont see how Waxoyl would actually seal a seam.  Isnt it soft after the
petroleum evaporates?  I am going to use rubberized undercoating or fiber
impregnated roofing compound, brushed firmly into the seams to force them
into the holes.   Either of these dry and can, I understand, be painted over
if need be.  Probably rubberized undercoating since it is made to adhere to
metal, but I have one restoration book where the author uses the fiber
impregnated roofing compound inside his door skins and other places to seal,
sound deaden, and insulate.

--David

--David