Re: Sealing frame members

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sealing frame members
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 22:21:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I didn't seal frame members this way, but my hood (bonnet) at the front was
rusted
pretty bad inside, and since it was just $10 for the hood, compared to almost
$600
(once you pay truck freight) for a new one, I mixed up and poured some
fiberglass
resin down in there which hardened like glass (really? wow!) over the rusted
areas, filling in and sealing all the holes.  I then re-created the lip using
more
resin and tape, sanded over it and painted it.  That might be expensive to use
on
an entire car, but it's a thought!

adrian

--