distributor caps

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: distributor caps
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 06:51:20 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
hi folks,
can anyone tell me if there is a dizzy cap available for the LUCAS 25d4 that
dosen't have the screw in type connections for the leads?
I went to install 8mm silicone leads on one of my spare caps but they
wouldn't fit in the holes!
Also are modern supressed silicone leads superior/inferior to the old copper
core variety?
can I just thin the end of each lead so it fits in the cap? Do I need to
retain the metal end or just screw the screw into the core? or should I
stick with the copper leads?
I'm using champion RN12YCC resistor plugs.
Thanks for any input
Andy