Re: Largest Brewery? [WasChurch key (NO LBC)]

To: eybdoogy@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Largest Brewery? [WasChurch key (NO LBC)]
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 16:06:02 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/5/99 1:49:00 PM EST, eybdoogy@earthlink.net writes:

<< several friends who insist the only way to drink Guiness in 'merica is out
of the
 can warm. >>

Drinking English or Irish Ale in the motherland is a true experience--first
because there are so many to choose from, and secondly because they are truly
different from our watery semi-brews that MUST be consumed ice cold.  That
Guiness or Ales are consumed warm, however, is a misconception.  The brews
are served about cellar temperature--In the trips I have made over there I
have never had a warm brew, but cool--perfect for these full-bodied rich
liquid nectars.
   That our country has embraced "Light" beer is an underscore to our not
knowing what real malted beverages should taste like.  I personally believe
that the source of light beer is at the end of the urinals in bars--the
product of semi-good beers after they have been consumed once and filtered
through a kidney to remove the flavor. LOL.
But then, I love Guinness, Black and Tan, Old Speckled Hen, and the many
other Ales, Bitters, and Stouts available in Britain and Ireland.
    My loose change on the subject. LOL

-----David