Re: need fan in 69 spridget for summer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need fan in 69 spridget for summer
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 16:37:00 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark Vanderlinden wrote:

>      Question:
>
>      As the weather is getting better, it is time to gt on the road again.
>      My first summer with a 69 Sprite.
>
>      Spending some times in traffic jams with high temperatures (of the
>      weather that is) I am wondering: the Sprite does not have a fan to
>      cool the radiator. Standing in a traffic jam do we get enough cooling
>      for the little one? or should I install a fan to cool it (confession:
>      I probably will only be a "good weather driver"
>
>      Mark

You should have a four blade metal fan in your 69 Sprite, mine does. I
have been told that the later plastic ones with 8? blades will fit and
work better, but I don't know. Someone with more experience should be
able to help you on this.

Just a side question, does your 69 Sprite have reflectors mounted on the
fenders and quarters? Toby and mine do, but I have heard from others who
do not, so I am just curious to the rhyme or reasoning of them. The M*^*
catalogue lists them as 70 Midget pieces, but mine is definately a
69,(thanks Bruce)

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC