Re: So about carburetors....

To: shawn tobin <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: So about carburetors....
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 22:45:00 -0400
Cc: pasgeirsson@juno.com, deadboy@hooked.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
shawn tobin wrote:

> I tend to like the idea of the later carbs but I would definitely replace
> the throttle plates with solids and get rid of the funky springvalved ones.
> My reason?  I like the y-pipe PCV over the diaphragm valve the earlier cars
> have.  I've heard these valves need rebuiling on a weekly basis.  Anyone
> have good luck with those valves?

I pick up used valves at swap meets for a couple of bucks each. As long
as the diaphram is not ripped (and new rubbers are still available from
Motorhead) it is good.
I have been running the same PCV (OEM) valve on my 60 Sprite (1275) for
a lot of years now. I have tried a number of modern PCVs but I just
don't have any luck with them.

What's the secret guys? I just tried a new one again and all my oil
started leaking out. I am back to that original Smiths PCV on my "no
leak" engine.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ