Judson-Head Gaskets

To: Judson List <judson@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Judson-Head Gaskets
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:36:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It has been suggested that I consider installing a copper head gasket
and even a thicker gasket when I put the Judson on my 1275.  As I
understand it I can and should reduce the compression ratio with a
thicker gasket to help prevent detonation.  I have found a url for a
company that makes gaskets to order out of pure copper.  Is there a
formula I can use to determine how much thicker gasket the gasket should
be to add the additional chamber volume to change it from a stock 1275H
(8.8:1?) to about 8:1?. And/or anybody know what the thickness of the
stock gasket is?

Gasket Works list gaskets available in the following thickness. Anybody
used them for A series gaskets?

022,.032,.040,.043,.054,.063,.086, .093, and .125 inches.
http://www.headgasket.com/

--
Mark
1970 Midget