RE: Judson-Head Gaskets

To: "'Mark Endicott'" <endicott@nashville.com>, Judson List <judson@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Judson-Head Gaskets
From: Gronberg John <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 07:56:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am not sure about the head gasket thickness but I just replaced the head
gasket on my car due to a burnt exhaust valve on #2 cylinder.  The original
gasket I used 10 years ago when I rebuilt the 1275 was a copper/asbestos
head gasket from Seven Enterprises. This one is suppose to be soaked in
water prior to installation. I didn't do that when I installed it and I
think that contributed to the failure.  Recently I purchased and installed a
Fel-Pro head gasket part # 21135S. I read on various chat lines that the
Fel-Pro gasket is a good one to use, so far it is fine. I also know about
the Gasket Works and originally though I would give them a try. I still have
my old head gasket I could mike for you but I am not sure that would help.
My 1275 is a 8.0:1 from start so I figured that was OK. I fact I have been
thinking about RAISING my compression ratio to get my Judson closer to 4-5
LBS. pressure but haven't done anything about it yet.