Re: Judson-Head Gaskets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Judson-Head Gaskets
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:37:34 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm putting a Judson on my 948 after break-in.  All this talk about
compression ratio has me worried.  I had the head faced to retain the
compression ratio and 10 thou shaved off the top of the block because
the cam was reprofiled(also refaced the rockers).  All this was to keep
the valve train geometry about the same.  The head was machined at APT.
David Anton said it was the first 948 head he had done. My new pistons
are dished as original, so where does this put my compression ratio?
    I'm also lucky enough to have a small independent oil company down
the street where I can get 103 octane racing gasoline next door to a
Texaco station.  As only 92 octane is available at most commercial
stations, I could mix a pretty potent cocktail between the two.  What's
a good ratio though?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite