Re: The GT (Kinda long)

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: The GT (Kinda long)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 10:34:58 -0400
Cc: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wiedemeyer wrote:

> David,
>
> I can tell you from experience that a right-hand drive car is not much fun
> to drive in the U.S.  You can never see what you need to see on the road
> ahead, and if your signals aren't working, there's no way to let people
> behind you know when you're going to turn.  I had a right-hand drive Morgan
> and only ended up keeping it a few months because of the frustration!  Take
> this into consideration before spending a lot of time restoring this car.
> (Maybe if you know someone with a right-hand drive car, you could try it out
> for a few hours in traffic to see what I mean.

Bob

I drive a right hand drive spridget all the time.
Yes passing does pose a problem sometimes, and drive up windows are a
bear, but all in all, RHD is not that bad. It does take a bit of getting
used too.

Converting RHD to LHD is no problem on this side of the pond. Left to
right is a bit harder to do since the parts would have to come from
England.

I say restore the GT, keep it RHD, if it does cause problems, it is an
easy swap back to LHD.

They don't make em anymore and if it gets scrapped, that's one less MG.

My.02

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ