Re: info wanted on Midget from 1973

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: info wanted on Midget from 1973
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 10:40:48 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mikkel,

Happy to oblige.  The Round Wheel Arch (RWA) Midgets are the cream of the
crop.  No one disputes this claim.  You have the powerful 1275 engine, disc
brakes, retractable hood, sharp looking rostyles should you choose, natty
black painted sills and ..... the most elegant body lines since the Bugeye
Sprite.  hehehe

Now, seriously.  All models are good.  So little change from Bugeye to at
least the 1500 era that for all intents and purposes, they are the same
car.  You do have more smog control by 1973 than the earlier cars, but the
round wheel arches do look sharp (I like the squares too) and if you drive
super-aggressively in the corners, your tires rub the inner arch much less
with RWA than the squared ones.

My advice is just to get the best car you can for the money without too
much worry over year.  I've got a '74 daily driver, a '73 project that I'm
thinking I need a new body for (grin) and I'm logging off to go look at a
'62 Sprite with wire wheels and hard top advertised locally at $2,800.  Too
high, but I'll look at it and see if I want to make an offer.  Later in the
day I go look at a '74 to use to rebuild the '73 I own.  I won't get all of
them, but you can tell that I think they are all great.

Good luck,
Philip

At 07:32 AM 7/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello Listers,
>
>It finally seems that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I
>have been offered a Midget MKIII from 1973. It is a white California
>car, LHD, round wheelarcs, crome bumper, and all standard.
>
>I have never seen a round wheelarc Midget and have only been working
>on Midget that is pre 1971, so I would like all kind of feed back
>regarding this car.
>
>TIA,
>
>Regards
>Mikkel
>Mikkel Pedersbęk                            email: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk
>Dreaming of my own Midget MKIII.

1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Red Midget - project car