Re: info wanted on Midget from 1973

To: cliff <cliff@randell24.freeserve.co.uk>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: info wanted on Midget from 1973
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:23:05 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Actually, many claim that the '67 was the best year in the US. Easy-open
top, 1275 without emissions, spartan metal instrument panel, etc. There's
all types of mixing and matching that can be done to get the spridget of
your dreams.

---
On 7/5/99, cliff wrote:
>Hi - the original FrogEye Spridget had round wheel arches, but the MkII
>and Midget had 'square' rear wheel arches. The Spridget was gradully
>improved/developed up 'til '72 when again round rear wheel arches were
>brought back. Thought to be the best of the 1275's, the round wheel arch
>Midget was discontinued to meet anticipated US safety regs in 1974 - the
>arch buckled when rammed from the rear (I suppose it's happened to
>somebody - anybody?).
>
>My  advice is if it's rust free go for it - I've had mine 21 years.
>
>Cliff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis