Re: (LBC) Water temp and Electric Fans

To: Lmacy1211@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (LBC) Water temp and Electric Fans
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:38:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/4/99 3:02:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lmacy1211@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Unfortunately there is a obvious power loss. It just doesn't have the
 snap it did with the clutch fan as it did without. And when you hammer it
 all you hear is this horrendous "wwhhhoosss" I have to try to figure a
 way to go back. Maybe the 10" instead of the 12" fan. Will let you know.  >>

I gotta get involved here, Larry.  You changed from the electric fan back to
the clutch fan because it was overheating.  Now you want to go back to an
electric fan because of the power drain, probably going to the fan clutch.
All seems logical.

The last line says that you might go to a 10" instead of a 12" fan.  If you
mean a 10" electric fan, why would you think that a smaller electric fan
would cool better than a 12" fan?  The bigger fan would have to cool better,
and it is important to shroud the fan so it is forced to pull the air thru
the radiator.  (Or push it thru if it's in front.)

Just my 2 cents.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport