Re: Temporary removal of bonnet release pull

To: John Gottstein <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Temporary removal of bonnet release pull
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:08:42 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John Gottstein wrote:

> Hi,
>    I want to remove the vinyl covered panel  behind the radio console in
> my 1975 Midget.  It's easy enough to unscrew, except that the hood
> (bonnet) release pull keeps it from being easily removed.  Does anyone
> know how to temporarily remove the handle without causing mach
> frustration?

>From what I can tell there is no way to get that sucker out.
My question is this, why do you want to remove the vinyl panel?
I have the same problem in my car, I need to remove the panel because
I want to change the color of it from biscuit to black.  What I am
going to try is to color the thing in place.  The guy who did my
interior swears by regular fabric dye for changing the color of the
vinyl parts.  I am going to try dying it in place with a rubber
glove, a sponge and some dye.  I will let you know what the
results are.

What are you trying to do?

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget