Re: Panhard rod question

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panhard rod question
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:53:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/8/99 12:55:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< It usually goes across the width of the car, connects to the axle near the
 right wheel and connects to the underside of the body near the left wheel
 with a bracket so that the bar is level with the ground. >>

A good explanation, and a logical improvement.  The rod must be able to allow
up-down movement.  Is there a bushing on the body mounted end (or both ends),
or does it just flex in that direction?  Flexing would seem to add stiffness
to the suspension.

What is a good source for a panhard rod for a Midget?  I'll check Winner's
Circle but they scare me.  Their Web site still has 1996 prices, and it
hasn't changed since I found it a year ago. Any other places?

TIA,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport