Gas Smell

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Smell
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:21:12 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
SpriteListersWorldWide,

When I put my "Old Smokey" away in the garage, after a while I get a stong
smell of petrol, but cannot find any leak.
Now the significant bit is this:
IT DOSNT SMELL AT ALL FOR ABOUT 36 HOURS, then it builds up and permiates
(spp?) the whole house for a further 3 days before disappearing again.
I have tried disconnecting the fuel pump and letting the engine run until it
dies of fuel starvation, but this made no difference to the symptoms.
The only solution I have at present (which is not a bad one !) is not to let
it stand for more than 36 hours between uses !

Any ideas??
Guy 1275, Elect fuel pump, twin SUs