Re: Best Head Shop?

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Best Head Shop?
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:28:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doh!

Don't get me started on the local brit car restoration place.. They did
some work for me a couple of years ago and forgot to install a filter
element in the canister type oil filter. I drove about 2000 miles with no
oil filter before I discovered their mistake. I discovered it because I
suddenly had no oil pressure.

I told the owner of the shop and he admitted they forgot to install an oil
filter after removing the old one, but they would not do anything to make
good for the damage to my engine.... The bill from them to destroy my
engine was $2600. Since then I do *all* of my own work.

In any event I refuse to bring my car there anymore, and for good reason.

I have a machine shop that was recommended by local MG club members for the
machine work, but they want me to supply the valves, guides, etc. so I just
need to know who has high quality merch at reasonable prices.

Thanks,

Robert

________