Insurance for midget, was: No key

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, adrian@icx.net
Subject: Insurance for midget, was: No key
From: Mark Vanderlinden <mavanderlinden@dttus.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1999 10:13:41 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=TeleMail/prmd=Deloitte/; 07D383795E3A50D9-MTAUSCNT1DT]
X400-originator: mavanderlinden@deloitte.com
X400-received: by ans2-pub.dttus.com (Internal Mail Agent-2); Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:17:02 -0500
X400-received: by ans2-pub.dttus.com (Internal Mail Agent-1); Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:17:02 -0500
X400-recipients: non-disclosure;
     I know I am slow, but I am just catching up.

     How on earth did you get such a low insurance rate, could you tell me
     which insurance company that is? Anybody else that has any good ideas
     may throw them out too> My 69 Sprite is currently in restoration and,
     when running, will only be used for weekend fun trips, (not much
     thus).

     On the no-keys issue: I have had my keys made by taking the cilinders
     out and bringing them to a lock smith. I think it cost me about $40
     for all keys (I only had the ignition key). The burden of having four
     colour coded keys (in fact eight since I had two sets) exists, but I
     am getting used to that quickly.

     Regards,

     mark

     ______________________________ Forward Header
     __________________________________ Subject: Re: No key
     Author:  adrian@workgroup.net at Internet-USA Date:    7/15/99 3:27 PM

     I just found a lock shop that'll come out to my house and make
     ignition keys for $35 each.  Much better than what I was expecting!

     On another note, I just got comprehensive (only) insurance on the
     Midget I just towed home, and it's a whopping $5.64 for 6 months.  The
     insurance guy said I should get it in case a tree falls on it or
     something.  I wonder if I should report my busted windshield and
     dented fender?  heh heh

     adrian

     "J. Adrian Barnes" wrote:

     > So.  What do you do if you have a car with no ignition key?  Has
     anybody > experienced that before?  Is the normal thing to have a
     locksmith come
     > out and just make a key?  I had a locksmith try to tell me that
     > somewhere on these cars the manufacturer has hidden one (maybe on
     his > TD, but not my Midget!).  :-)  I have two cars with locked
     steering

     --
     Business Information Group

     http://www.midgetweb.com