Re: Re: Help with Rear Springs Needed

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Help with Rear Springs Needed
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:04:29 EST5EDT
Cc: kpatton@geocities.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Patton,

I honestly don't know if you can do what you suggest.  Thinking out
loud in my office, I'm concerned that we won't be able to line up the
pin in the center of the spring if the spring is attached only at the
front plate.

With the rear unattached, you will still have to compress the spring
so that the axle will reach the spring.  If the rear isn't attached, the
spring will compress and move toward the back of the car.  Thus
the pin in the center of the spring may not mate with the axle.  I'm
thinking that compression needs to occur evenly across the entire
length of the spring.

Even if the pin lines up, how are we going to pull the rear of the
spring down and get the rear shackle on?

Just thoughts.

I'm heading out of town right after work today so I won't get back to
this project until after you are finished.  I'll definately be checking
with the List to see what turns up over the weekend.  I'm hoping
that Frank and Company will offer suggestions after work today.

Good luck and be careful jacking different parts of the car around.

From:                   Patton Dickson <kpdii@mindspring.com>