Re: Hot Foot'n

To: monetta@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Hot Foot'n
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:34:13 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Al,

The only recomendation I have is don't drive in the hot weather.  Yep, It gets
real warm down there.  Try it when it's a 110 out.

I've tried every thing from insulation to bypassing the heater hoses, it still
gets rather warm.  The best I've found is to insulate real well, make sure you
have good gaskets in all the firewall openings.  Replace the heater box to
firewall gasket, you make it out of house weather seal, the closed foam type.
Insure this area is flat and tight.  I have cool air coming out of my vents.
Well ambient temp. any ways.  Insulate the foot well with some good stuff.
Even the big Healy's have this problem as the exhaust manifold is right under
the drivers foot well, RHD excluded.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby