Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:26:57 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles

It may be a case of vapor lock in this heat.
Next time it happens, remove the gas cap.
If you hear a rapid rush of air, the vented cap is clogged.
If you do not get a rush of air or vacuum, Maybe just a tune up or
points adjustment.
I didn't pay too close attention to your car when you pulled in but I
would have heard a burnt valve for sure. I doubt you have valve
troubles.
You told me you took the Thermostat out, did you put in a blanking
plate?
If not, there is your overheating problems. Pick up a 160* stat from
anywhere, it is a common t/stat that fits 80% of cars from the 40s-70s.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ