Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:47:58 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 07/28/1999 4:25:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Burnt valves could be a problem.  How can I diagnose it?  >>

Charles:

I bet you get good advice from those who know more about it than I but the
way I understand it, you do a compression check on your engine, noting the
values.  If the compression checks within the acceptable range in the manual,
and if all the cylinders check to within 10% of one another, you have no
burnt valves or worn rings.

However if your compression check on any cylinder or cylinders is weak, then
do the compression check again AFTER squirting about a tablespoon of oil into
each cylinder being checked ,  the oil seals the rings.  If the compression
check is then normal, you have a ring or rings, if the compression is still
out of whack, you have a valve (probably).

---David