Electric Fuel pump

To: midgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Fuel pump
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:19:44 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It appears that my new fuel pump (< 1 year old) has a crack in the pumping
arm and the old fuel pump on the engine is shot.  I was thinking of converting
to an electric fuel pump or maybe trying to transplant the guts (that sounds
like a recipe for disaster :-)) of the new and old pump.  If I go the
electric route where should this pump be mounted. I figure it is supposed
to be close to the tank.  I have a bit of reluctance about drilling a couple
of holes into the car body underneath. Sounds like a way to help my car rust.
I would also think that the pump getting covered in road grime and water is
not the best environment for the pump. So where do you add an electric fuel
pump and what are my options?  If I add the pump I will have to add a cut off
switch.  I am really going to try to make one good pump from two bust ones
but if that fails I might go electric.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei