Re: Electric Fuel pump

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel pump
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:32:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,
        Bryan is correct about the small electric pumps. They are made by Facet
(now a Purolator company, or vice versa). I suggest if you go that way that
you get some rubber mounts for it, quieter. As to your mechanical pumps.
Verify that the original (not in use I take it) matches the 1 year old
replacement in terms of arm length and angle at the cam. Several things can
cause premature failure. Wrong year pump, which is actually driven by the
camshaft part number which is unreasonable to discover. Nonuse of a spacer
where there was one originally. Check that these things are correct as one
may be the cause of the cracking arm and other maladies. As to
transplanting the guts. Only attempt this if they are the same brand ie AC.
        Good luck.   Peter C
At 05:02 PM 8/12/1999 , Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>Bill,
>
>If you want to go with the SU style pump that was used on earlier midgets
with
>the 1275, you might want to pull the pump and mounting bracket off another
>car,
>this will also show you exactly where to mount it( above rear axle under
>hump).
>The other option is to use one of the new 'solid state' pumps, which are
>actually smaller and cheaper than the SU, and from what I understand, more
>reliable. The solid state pumps are available from Moss(page A35), JC
Whitney,