Re: Wire size/fuel pump

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire size/fuel pump
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:34:23 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,
        If you install an electric pump and you decide on the "little square"
Facet brand (solid state), here are some thoughts.
A) there are 2 pressures sold. Suggest low pressure 1.5 - 3 lb version.
Facet pump no. is 40104 or Purolator package EP42S or FEP42S (or anybody's
part # with 42S in it) (Note: EP12S is the other Facet universal pump at a
higher pressure) I can give you a pile of specs on the pump.
B) Per Facet's literature... the pump should be mounted "..close to
the...fuel tank and below the liquid level."
If mounted elsewhere ensure the pump is not more than 12" above the bottom
of the tank.
C) Pumps .."require approximately one amp at maximum delivery"
D) I would suggest 14 ga stranded wire, minimum.
        Hope this helps. Contact me if you need details.
        Peter C