Re: Wire size

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, wmgilroy@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Wire size
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:51:07 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

I used a 14 gauge multistrand copper wire for mine. I think anything larger
than
that would probably be overkill. I would also recommend that you also put in an
in line fuse, and an on/off switch. I'm sure you would hate to see a short
somewhere else in the car fry your $50+- fuel pump. The switch if hidden
appropriately can also work as a 'anti-thieft device'. I found after installing
the pump in my car, that everytime I need to turn the ignition key to on just
check something out without starting the car, I really didn't need the fuel
pump
starting.

Regards - Bryan