Lucas bit me... I need to be inoculated I guess....

Subject: Lucas bit me... I need to be inoculated I guess....
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 02:49:27 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
After praying to the LUCAS gods since my Sprite ownership... I have had no
problems... after a week break and return from vacation of lbc sin (yes I
drooled over a 1950 something Alfa Romeo for 2 hours in Portland I confess )
and anyhow... my AMP meter is showing no positive charge... just negative
drain (head lights.. ignition etc...) my questions:

1) Generator or "Voltage regulator"? as I understand it voltage regulators
for Generator equipped cars (not alternators) have complicated and massive
voltage regulators for some reason...  how do I tell weather my generator or
voltage regulator is faulty?

2) Can I replace my generator with a later model midget alternator? or its
not gonna fit cause of the 1500 cc engine as opposed to my 1275. I have
heard replacements using Japanese alternatives... apart from the ethical
questions... how hard is this to do? Im gonna go search the archives
now.....

3) how "bad" is to replace LUCAS components? will all the other LUCAS
components fail cause one isn't LUCAS? that sounds like LUCAS logic to
me....

Toby....

to the archives with me... WHIP...

Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, r.toby.atwater@worldnet.att.net