Re: Gosh Darn it!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gosh Darn it!
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:47:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>Hello Bob,
>
>             What I was referring to was the housing being possibly bent.
We had one that took a pretty severe hit on the wheel and, after breaking
two axles, discovered that the housing was not true.  I was really
surprised, as I didn't believe that it was possible to bend one enough to
make a difference.  Once, when we had a really stubborn broken piece lodged
in the gear, we made up a long, small diameter, rod that would just sneak
by the pinion pin, so that we could remove the axle on the opposite side,
and come through to knock the broken piece loose.  This would work on a
stock diff. with a very small rod.  Later, we had all sorts of things
welded in there, aand you couldn't get through anymore.   Another benefit
of an 'Electrolock diff'. :^)

>             Don't be fooled, just because Elizabeth has a sense of
humour, and makes an exceptional breakfast (among other things) she knows a
fair bit about how our LBCs run too.  She can re-build an engine or gear
box with the best of them.  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge .......say no more!!