Re: Weber Set-up??

To: <Kroyell@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber Set-up??
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:49:28 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
York
I don't have an answer to the first part of your question, but as to
personal experience with the soft mount kit, they do not last very long on a
spridget.  The nearby exhaust manifold/header creates enough heat to harden
and shrink the o rings in the soft mount kit so that a vacuum leak occurs
almost immediately.  My car is a street car, and after replacing two soft
mount kits, I gave up and mounted the weber straight to the manifold.  Have
never had any problem since.

David Riker
74 midget
63 falcon