Re: Engine Keeps on running

To: jayburden@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Keeps on running
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:45:27 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/26/99 4:05:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jayburden@home.com writes:

<<  Out of the blue, when I turn the car off the engine "chugs" a few times
 until it finally turns off completly. Never has done this before. It doesn't
 seem to matter if the car has been run a long time or just a short trip. I
 have tried using premium grade gasoline, as well as the cheap stuff, no
 difference. It has never done this till recently. Anyone have any ideas? >>

Check for vacuum leaks.  The vacuum hoses do go bad or sometimes fall off.
Also check ignition timing and fuel mixture.  If the carb is too lean it will
cause the engine temp to rise, which can cause dieseling because the
cylinders are hot enough to burn the gas without a spark.

These are the simple fixes.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport