Re: fate of the hobby

To: pbohler@wenet.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fate of the hobby
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:43:23 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/1/99 1:00:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pbohler@wenet.net
writes:

<< I believe things are to be used and enjoyed and touched (respectfully, of
 course).   >>

I agree wholeheartedly Peg.  While I do appreciate the efforts of those who
keep their cares pristeen, new, and concours--for they provide all of us a
standard to which we may always compare our cars--it just isn't for me.  I
will never own an undrived show car--a trailer queen--if you will--not that I
would never trailer my car, but any car that I ever own will be driven.  My
'79 Midget is a daily driver--every day, regardless of season or weather.
One of the standards I look at when judging cars at car shows are the tires
and the brake pedals.  Drivers are scored higher in my vote.  And if I know
or find out the owner did most of his/her own work (as opposed to hiring
everything out to professionals at a price), that pushes the consideration
higher yet.

Just my loose change.

--David