Re: fate of the hobby

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fate of the hobby
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:51:40 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/1/99 12:47:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

<< but the
 public is out there and looking and listening.   share something of your
 good fortune with a friend or a neighbor.   you might be opening the door to
 the future of our hobby. >>

Thanks, Chuck.  Well spoken.  I met Chuck at the New Hope Auto Show last
month.  He was showing the Saab powered racecar (that word is spelled the
same backwards!) his father built.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.  Let the kids in the neighborhood
see and touch your car.  (I know that Frank C. does this a lot.)  Get your
own kids involved in your sports car.  It doesn't matter what marque it is
(Although we all know LBCs are best and MGs top that list.) just keep it
running and looking kinda decent.

On a rather depressing note, there was a random act of violence near where I
live yesterday morning.  A mother of two small children was loading her
groceries into the car after finishing her shopping in a neighborhood
supermarket.  Out of nowhere, and without any reason, she was shot five times
and killed.  The alleged shooter was picked up a few minutes later.  He was
described as a man who likes violent movies and has violent outbursts.

Perhaps getting our kids involved with a hobby like ours will keep them
occupied in learning a skill that may be lost as cars become more complex and
computerized.

Just my 2 cents.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget