Re: wooden steering wheel??

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wooden steering wheel??
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 01:17:26 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Don't know if it's the Paddy Hopkirk or not... further clarification.  The
Moto-Lita is set up more like a modern wheel, with the spokes at approx.
3:00, 6:00, and 9:00.  It has "Moto-Lita" engraved on the right spoke, and
can be ordered in either a 14" or 15" wheel.  Also, it will not accept the
original horn push on earlier Spridgets, but does come with a small emblem
for the center of the push.  The boss or adapter is larger than the factory
option, and so the spokes are shorter, and thus not slotted as far.  I
originally ordered a slotted wheel, but due to some confusion in my order,
received the drilled spoke wheel.  Was going to return, but after looking at
it awhile, the drilled spokes really fit with the round guages... decided to
keep, and think I may actually like it better than the slotted.

Rod
99 Bugeye and many of its close relatives...