RE: wooden steering wheel??

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wooden steering wheel??
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:22:17 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The optional wodden wheel for the Bugeye was made by the Healey Motor
Company and is pictured in Horler's book (as pointed out by Ron). It is a
beautiful wheel but absolutely impossible to find second hand. Expect to pay
upwards of $1000 for a semi-decent one if one can be found at all. The hub
is equally hard to find.

There also exists a period wheel called a "Les Leston" wheel which is also
quite rare. They were similar to the Healey wheel but slightly thicker rim
and a machined finish to the spokes. I can email a good picture of one if
anyone is interested.

Never heard of the Paddy Hopkirk wheel.

Archer's Garage in England manufactures an exact replica of the Healey Motor
Company Wheel. I have the catalog, from memory it costs about 300 pounds.

Daniel58612