Re: Car problem, and I'm at work

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car problem, and I'm at work
From: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:24:47 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom,
  This happened to my 75 midget.  It turned out that the cable to my manual
choke had slackened a little and wasn't pushing the choke lever all the way
down.  For a quick fix, I opened the hood and pushed down on the lever
that's attached to the choke cable (near the carb).

It clicked on the way down, and the idle rpm's instantly reduced.
Eventually you will just need to tighten the cable (write me an e-mail if
you don't know how.  I didn't at the time).

I don't know if you have the same thing going on with your car, but give it
a shot.

Later,
     John