Re: Car problem, and I'm at work

To: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car problem, and I'm at work
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:43:06 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Tom,

I'm cc:ing this to the list to see if anyone else has anything to add.

It will (should) be attatched to the carb linkage. What type of carb (or
carbs) do you have on your car? A number of things could be happening:

Throttle return springs are weak or possibly missing (if they were missing
you'd know it, the car would rev all the way up and stay there)

The throttle cable may be frayed and catching or it may not be properly
seated - you can visually check this

The dizzy may be a little lose and have rotated increasing the advance
(kinda iffy - i doubt it would bring the rpms up to 3000)

If you have SU or Zenith Carbs is there damping oil in them?

I have a Weber myself, so questions relating to carbs other than Webers may
be better fielded by the list. I'll look around to see if I have a good
photo of the carb linkage to post for you to see whut's whut.

Robert

http://www.woozy.com/midget

just back from a round trip to NY in our brand new 1998 Volvo V70 Wagon -
Now there's a great car! We now own one of the most dangerous and one of
the safest cars on the road.