Re: Diagnosis

To: rjcarlson@webzone.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diagnosis
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:51:11 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You might try to check out the backing plates.  I just completed a 1275
transplant and later brakes during my Bugeye restoration.  The car would make
the same "scraping" noise when cornering at all... sometimes just by turning
the wheel slightly.  It turns out that the brake backing plates were not
quite true, and that when you turned, it put enough lateral pressure on this
area to make contact.  My best friend, a master machinist, took the drums to
work and shaved a few thousandths off the drums where they are in close
proximity to the backing plates.  No more noise.  Mine also turned freely
when in a straight line or when jacked up.  This only occurred when turning
the car.

Rod
99 Bugeye... the 59's 40th birthday present... to be new again...
LBC Orphanage