More MC questions (problems)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More MC questions (problems)
From: Michael Walter <mwalter@luminet.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:35:42 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
So far, so good. You guys were right about the Spirolox washer. I got it
off, as well as the retainer and spring. The circlip ring wasn't too bad.
Now I am at the white ring. The books (both of them) tell me to gently move
the shaft back and forth to dislodge the white ring and subsequent seal.
Bull. I've moved it gently. I've moved it moderately. I've moved it like a
backwoods preacher at a come to Jesus meeting. Still no movement.

If you hold the key to this dilemma, I will be forever in your debt if you
would share it with me. This sure seems like a lot of work to save $100
(which is what a rebuilt costs me here).

Michael Walter
mwalter@luminet.net