Temp Reading

To: "Sprite" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Reading
From: "Jason Burden" <jayburden@home.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:37:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I need a bottom line answer from somebody.. I am having many different
manuals, books, websites and so on telling me what my car should run at for
temp. Its a 1967 Sprite... I live in TN where temp outside is typically
around 90 or so. I drive on the highway to work about 20 miles and my temp
gauge regularly goes to 212 and sometimes higher. I have flushed out my
radiator... new thermostat (165) , new hoses.. water pump. The carbs have
been tuned... everything I could think of and more has been changed and or
tuned. Am I at a comfortable temp? The car runs fine, doesn't boil over with
coolant. Or maybe I am just being worried about nothing? Any ideas?

(Had a bad time with a Spitfire.. worried i might be in the same boat with
this one)

Jason

67 Sprite

jayburden@home.com