Re: Front caliper mounting

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front caliper mounting
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:18:25 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< How long have you had your MG? To me, the answer is pretty obvious. All
 items fastened with nuts and lock washers vibrate loose over time, and
 need to be retightened more or less frequently, depending on their
 proximity to moving parts, thread size, innate juju, and other factors. >>

I stand corrected on the tab washer vs. lock washer question.  That is how I
learn, by asking questions.  The new tab washers have already been ordered
(And shipped I hope, eh, Ed?) so you can rest assured, my calipers will not
fall off.

It still seems to me that the term "lock washer" would indicate that it would
aid in locking the bolt in place.  Silly me to assume such dribble.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport