Stereo question

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stereo question
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:31:42 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good morning list:

Yesterday evening I was browsing through the Crutchfield car stereo catalog,
and called up the company to see what would be included in their generic
intallation kit.  Upon indicating that the radio would be installed in a '74
Midget, the salesman (who claimed he once owned one) told me that I would
have a problem.  There is only a clearance of between 5.5" and 5 7/8" in the
center console, yet the shortest radios that virtually all manufacturers
make is 6".  How do you folks solve this problem?

Since the one currently in the car isn't original (and doesn't work anyway),
I don't mind putting in a modern system.  How do the rest of you mount
yours?  Dashboard?  Glove Compartment?  RF based CD player in the trunk?
Any ideas, input, and vendor referrals would be appreciated.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com