Re: Lessons learned

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lessons learned
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:07:37 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/10/99 12:47:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

<< So I learned a lot from this, but almost nothing about cars.  And the dog
thinks
 he is a hero for killing the invading shrew.  And my wife told me, "Any
idiot
 would know not to stack lumber on its end. Duh."  Lessons learned. >>

Look at it this way, Bill, the next time you go out to work on the Midget,
things have got to go better!

This is usually the way things go for me when I'm working.  And I'll be
working on my Midget for the next three days.  Last weekend I pulled the rear
axles to change the bearings.  Since my garage is also very small, I couldn't
pull the left side axle out without hitting the workbench.  The car is on
four jack stands so it was easier to cut the leg off the workbench than move
the Midget.  (I put in a piece of 2X4 to hold it up.)

Went to the right side.  My son has stored a rear axle (complete with wheels
and tires, only one is flat) from a Ford van.  That Midget axle hit the tire
of the Ford rear so I had to clean out some room and try to push the Ford
rear up about 6 inches.  At the same time, the Ford rear started leaking oil
out the pinion.  I got the Midget bearings changed successfully, but I had to
buy some cat litter to clean up the floor.  (Required cat content.)

You'll get no sympathy from me!  (But I hope you are not hurt too badly.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport