RE: Palo Alto

To: "'Bryan Vandiver'" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: RE: Palo Alto
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:31:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>" I am also still having a problem once in
>a while with the car blowing a lot of smoke after very hard braking (oil
sucked
>through PVC??), which I'm sure is appreciated by the cars behind me as I
leave
i>n a cloud of white smoke ;-)"

1275? vented from the timing Cover??   I just fixed this problem on mine.  I
put a tee in the pcv line and a fitting on the valve cover. No More smoke.
Mine would start nice, run a few minutes, start smoking like all hell , then
clean up after the temp came up. All I can Figure is that the timing cover
was filling up and the pcv would suck oil. Once the oil was warm it would
drain out faster and stop smoking. If I had a 948 valve cover, I would have
used it, but as it was the 1275 cover had a pad in the right location.