Re: Palo Alto

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Palo Alto
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:17:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was really impressed with the Sprite turnout too this year. This was the
fourth time I've been to this show, and I have never seen so many 'nice'
sprites
in any location at one time. It was great meeting a few fellow members!
This is the first time I've taken my bugeye, being that I just got it running
two  months ago. In any case my car ran very well. It cruised well on the
freeway keeping up with traffic, although I'm unsure of the speed since my
speedo, is still not working properly. I am also still having a problem once in
a while with the car blowing a lot of smoke after very hard braking (oil sucked
through PVC??), which I'm sure is appreciated by the cars behind me as I leave
in a cloud of white smoke ;-)
On the way home I took a detour up Pagemill road  to Skyline which runs along
the creast of local mountain range, and then down hwy 9  (all hairpin turns up
and down the Santa Cruz mountains). It was a blast!, the car handled well, and
was quite responsive.  I'm still getting used to the transmission, but the
engine pulled really strong all the way up the mountain. Everything was great
until I ran out of gas about 6miles from home for the second time in two weeks.
(Thanks, Larry for the fuel gauge - I think I'll install it this week ;-)

 - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
 San Jose, CA