Re: more Re: Honda 2000 - Saw it last night

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more Re: Honda 2000 - Saw it last night
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 17:10:19 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/17/99 4:57:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Daniel1312
writes:

<< But I am not sure that there is no torque at low rpms - the whole point of
the VTEC system is to ensure that you do have.  I think you need to compare
like with like and consider that any 2000cc normally aspirated engine, and
some turbo charged engines of 2000cc making over 200bhp will make Less torque
than the VTEC.  At least ought to, I don't have any power curves handy to
check.  >>

I had just read the shootout in Road & Track magazine, and they thought it
had no low end torque.

"That said, let me repeat my suspicion that the (BMW Z3) 2.3 might impress a
whole lot more (compared with the S2000) in side-by-side real-traffic
driving; the S2000's lack of low-rpm torque could easily make it a
frustrating urban machine. Fortunately, its gearbox is a good one, if
downshifts prove frequent"

I'm not going to buy one.  So there!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget